Closing Date: 12.00 pm on Friday 19th April
Contract Type: Internship
Nesta Italia tests and grows new ideas to address Italy’s most pressing societal challenges. Based in Turin, Nesta Italia is a partnership between the global innovation foundation Nesta, and Compagnia di San Paolo, one of Italy’s largest and oldest philanthropic foundations.
We use our knowledge, networks, funding, and skills – working in partnership with others across Italy, including governments, businesses, and charities.
The selected intern will apply her/his skills in the field of communications to support the activities of the Engagement and Communications Manager.
S/he will gain an understanding of Nesta Italia work in general, and in the area of communications, in particular.
The role is a unique hands-on opportunity to work in the field of social innovation, observing the design, execution, and delivery of creative national and international projects addressing some of the biggest challenges of our era: social inclusion, health, emerging technologies, the changing panorama of arts, culture, and education.
Specifically, the intern will be responsible for the following activities:
- Updating social media platforms and website regularly with platform-specific content;
- Drafting communication materials including mailers, newsletters, and web content;
- Supporting the execution of communication campaigns, analysis, and reporting, and other outreach activities;
- Assisting in any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants can be considered if they meet one of the following:
- Are enrolled in a Master’s or
- Are enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or
- Are within four years after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s in the field of communications, public relations, languages, journalism or equivalent
- Previous work experience is not compelling, however, experience in the field of communications and public relations and experience working with social media platforms are considered an asset. Knowledge of the main stakeholders, organizations, and trends in the social innovation sector is a big plus.
Excellent command of written and spoken English required.
Social media, content marketing, and digital PR are your everyday passions.
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite
- First class mastery of social media platforms: you’re a relentless and pragmatic communicator who knows when and how to say the right thing
- Basic knowledge of web analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, Google Search Console), bid management (e.g. Adwords) and web content management systems (mainly WordPress)
- Basic knowledge and minimum hands-on experience with paid social, email marketing and all other forms of digital user acquisition
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Nesta Italia is a startup and we support each other every day in everything we do. You’ll be part of a passionate and busy team and you need to be ready to:
- Learn and act in a fast-paced environment to grow personally and professionally
- Respect everyone’s work and time
- Be flexible, proactive and creative
How to Apply
Please complete this form in all its part by 12.00 pm on Friday 19th April.
Interviews will take place from the 22nd of April to the 24th of April.